Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Digital Edition Troubles

Well, I've just had my first encounter with the now infamous "Pulpit Helps Digital Edition." While navigation became easier as I learned the various button functions, the overall impression that this version left me can be distilled into one word - cumbersome.

Still, It was very nice to be able to access all of the content (the look and feel of the print edition, rather than simply the static text that you can read at www.pulpithelps.com) online. Another nice feature was the ability to click on the ads for a direct link to each advertiser's website. Perhaps in the future, we'll be able to make it easier for you to access and navigate. We don't want to keep something that doesn't help anyone. One thing is for sure - we'll find out the easiest way to wade through it all and tell you the most user-friendly way to take in the same PH you know and love in a whole new way.

What do you think? Have any of you had a chance to try out the digital edition? Just click the comment tab below and let us know what you're thinking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the Digital Edition is a tough ship to steer. I don't think that's unique to Pulpit Helps, though. I've subscribed digitally to other publications as well, and their systems don't fare much better. I just don't know if the technology has caught up with the demand.

Have you thought about just uploading a PDF file of each issue onto www.pulpithelps.com?